the Portland Workshop!
- Instagram/website critique & compliments
- Shooting with Sonora
15 minutes each - individual time with model
- Register your business!
File as a sole proprietor.
Equipment insurance & General liability insurance.
Client retention, newsletters, engaging your audience.
Example gallery here.
- Photography contracts.
Example contract here.
- Business cards!
- Back up photos in 2 places!
Cloud services, hard drives, etc.
- SquareSpace and website tips.
- Taxes. Keep track of all income and keep expense records of everything.
-1/3rd of apartment space for studio
-equipment, insurance, website fees, etc.
Partner Portraits & Water/bathroom break
- Partner up, photograph each other for 5-10 minutes each.
- Take a break
- Run your socials, don't let your socials run you.
- Personal touch online.
- Consistency, post smart not hard. Quality over quantity.
- Generate clicks. Bring your audience to YOUR platform.
- MailChimp, giveaways, engagement.
- Lightroom overview.
Import shoots together, sort through and make selections.
- Levels. Clear white and clear black.
Curves add "style".
- Reigning in the greens.
- Oranges, reds, and skin tone.
- Clarity brush, soften skin brush.
- Avoid distractions in background while shooting and edit things out in post process to draw attention to your subject.
- Photoshop overview.
More in-depth edits.
- Healing brush vs clone.
- Frequency separation Photoshop Action. Download here.
- Dodge and burn, soft light 50% grey layer.